London Heathrow and Gatwick airports are located approximately 30 miles apart and there is a bus service which you can use to travel between the two.
- The minimum connecting time between Heathrow and Gatwick is 3 hours.
- This includes a bus journey of between 1 and 1½ hours.
Arriving in London
- When you arrive at either Heathrow or Gatwick airports, please follow signs to Arrivals and Baggage Reclaim.
- You must collect all your baggage and take it with you to the next airport.
Transfer bus service
The National Express Airports’ bus service departs from both Heathrow and Gatwick airports, from a number of pick-up points outside the terminals:
- Heathrow Central bus station (for Terminal 3)
- Heathrow Terminal 5
- Gatwick North Terminal
You can purchase a National Express Airports’ bus ticket once you are in Terminal 5 arrivals from the National Express Aiports’ bus service.
You are responsible for purchasing the bus ticket directly from the operating company.
Private Transfer (Taxi)
You can pre-book a private transfer with a Taxi Company and have the driver greet you in the arrivals halls of the airport. The advantage of this is that you do not have to go searching around the airport for your taxi driver or bus connection. Your taxi driver will collect you from the arrivals hall and take you to your car. He will then drive you to Gatwick and drop you at your correct terminal -North or South. This makes travel much easier as you do not have to worry about carrying your luggage around with you. This company specialise in airport transfers and can accommodate your needs. click here